Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cleanse Day 2: altering plans slightly to minimize temptations

Last night I had a dream that I was eating a cupcake, but after one bite remembered I was doing a cleanse and got sad that I had to stop. I think this dream steams from the fact that while planning things to do with friends I keep forgetting (just for a second) that I’m doing a cleanse so planning a happy hour next week might not be the best idea. So, instead I changed my lunch plans to getting coffee, and going out to eat to coming to my house for dinner. This way I am able to keep the cleanse diet while still being social. Here is what I ate yesterday….



Breakfast – apple and a handful of walnuts. I also had a small cup of black coffee.  
Snack – Greensfirst shake

Lunch – My version of a Moroccan salad. A typical garden salad with beets, dried dates, butternut squash (cooked but cool), and almonds. I didn’t use a dressing because of all the other flavors in the salad.

Snack - another apple with peanut butter.
Dinner – Stir-fry. You can find my 'Quick and Easy Stir-fry' recipe here. Note: typically I use chicken sausage or leftover meat to add protein to the meal, but last night instead of meat I added a can of black beans.

Dessert/after dinner snack – clementine and a hand full of cashews.

No comments:

Post a Comment