Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cleanse Day 3: craving chocolate

I miss chocolate.   In an attempt to eat healthier, and less ice cream at night, I started keeping a chocolate bar in the refrigerator and having a small piece after dinner as a treat.  But a small piece started to become a couple of medium size pieces and has now replaced my dessert. Yes dark chocolate is a much healthier dessert than ice cream, but my hope is that after this cleanse and not eating chocolate for 21 days that the cravings will be less (cause I could sit down and eat a whole large bar). Because it may have only been 3 days, but every time I open the refrigerator door and see the chocolate bar I want to eat the whole thing!

Breakfast – apple with peanut butter

LunchHomemade soup (leftovers from the other night), but this time I added some fresh sliced avocado to it (after it was heated) which added a nice flavor and gave it a little more texture.
Snack – Greensfrist shake and later some walnuts and cranberries

Dinner – ‘Eggplant dinner’ and asparagus.
I cooked the eggplant two different ways, one with humus and spinach and the other with tomatoes. Click here for my recipes.  Note: The tomatoes-eggplant dish wasn’t as good at the other one. It was lacking something in the flavor. I tried adding olive oil/balsamic vinegar to it but it didn’t add much. Typically you would do this recipe with mozzarella cheese (which is stated in the recipe) which adds a lot of flavor, but I’m not sure what to replace the cheese with. Suggestions?

The asparagus was really easy to cook.  I just cut the ends off, put it in foil, added a little olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, wrapped the foil up and baked at 350° for about 15 minutes (until tender but not mushy).  

No comments:

Post a Comment