Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cleanse Day 8: the return of meat to my diet

Today I was able to eat meat again… YEY! I’m not that big of a meat-eater, but there’s something about being told you can’t eat a certain food that makes you suddenly crave it. It’s not until I do a cleanse and can’t eat meat for a week that I realize how hard it is to get enough protein in my diet without it, which then makes me realize that I’m probably not getting enough protein on a regular basis since I don’t eat that much meat.  While it was hard, this time I was able to find a lot of alternative forms of protein that I can add into my normal diet to ensure I get enough protein.

What non-meat foods do you eat to get protein?

My diet for day 8…
Breakfast – apple, walnuts and coffee
Snack – Clementine
Lunch – leftover vegetable quinoa from yesterday
Snack – Grrensfirst shake
Dinner – Chinese lettuce wraps. This is my homemade version with a great orange taste. You can tinker with the spices to get the exact flavor you want, and then the leftovers are great for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment