Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cleanse Day 17: Hello productivity you’ve been missed

One of the great benefits of doing a cleanse is increased energy/mental clarity and along with that has come an increase in my productivity.  Like most, I have my moments where it seems like the clouds of laziness part and I get super productive. Whether it’s getting work done or finally cleaning the bathroom, I typically find a couple of hours of real productively a day, where I am able to focus and get a lot done. This week has been the exception to the rule, and I would like to thank the cleanse for that.

It started on Saturday when I decided to clean up the living room, which lead to cleaning the bathroom, which lead to a whole afternoon of productivity. I cleaned, I organized, I went out and ran errands… I felt like super women (or at least super productive women). It was like a high, look how much I got done! Then the trend continued into Monday where I actually went to the gym for the first time since getting over my cold, was productive in the office, went home and cooked a good dinner and even got a wild hair to bake.  Normally, one super productive day like Saturday would drain my batteries and I won’t get another one for a while, but there I was being productive again on Monday.  This all culminated in yesterday. I had the whole morning to work at home, which for me typically means getting the ‘fun’ stuff done and not the stuff that really needs to get done. Not yesterday, I sat there computer in lap and starting crossing item after item off my to-do list. It was amazing! I knocked out half of my weekly list in one morning!

As always here is what I ate:
Breakfast: apple with PB
Snack: Greensfirst shake and some walnuts
Lunch: Garden salad with whatever veggies I had laying around and homemade salsa dressing.
Dinner: Spaghetti squash and veggie stir-fry with brown rice.
Dessert: fresh strawberries and some walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment